The Council comprises an equal number of Muslim and Jewish members, who individually all have extensive personal achievements in promoting social cohesion, and intercultural and interreligious dialogue with significant impact on their community. The Council operates in countries that are members of the Council of Europe but also shares contacts in any of the OSCE countries as well. We work with public and private institutions and entities at a local, national, and international level.
The Council’s decision-making bodies include:
- The members’ assembly
- Two coordinators, one Jewish and one Muslim, elected by the assembly,
- Two Executive Directors, one Jewish and one Muslim.
At present the executive members are:
- Co-chairman Mufti Dr. Nedžad Grabus of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Co-chairman Chief-Rabbi Pinchas Goldschmidt of Moscow, Russia
- Imam Tarafa Baghajati of Vienna, Austria
- Rabbi Shlomo Hofmeister of Vienna, Austria
- Co-coordinator Imam Yahya Pallavicini of Rome, Italy
- Co-coordinator Rabbi Lody B. van de Kamp of Amsterdam, Holland